Wednesday, February 3, 2010

When a-walkin', brother, don't you forget: it ain't often that you'll ever find a friend.

Everyone around me seems to be in a rut. Most of us have suddenly become uninspired and disappointed and generally lackluster about life. I don't know why. I don't know why suddenly I have so many questions going around in my head about right and wrong and the future and what I want and how to get there.

I just don't care.

But I do care enough to question, constantly, and to know I want to do SOMETHING, even if I don't know what that something entails. I have so many ideas and never accomplish any of them (something to do with my psychological make-up, I'm sure).

I just want to talk to people. I'm done with being closed in and boarded up and I want to know people and for people to know me. I don't know why I've been so scared of that for so long, because I doubt it could kill me in the long run.

Things are changing in the dynamic of my life and it just feels like I'm getting farther away from people. There are lots of reasons, like school or work or other relationships, but I'm still not crazy about losing people I love.

But I'm happy a lot. Especially with the snowfall. I just read and drink coffee and try to talk to people. It works out sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment