Friday, May 21, 2010

Your life's a song, so sing along before the silence swallows you.

When the rest of the household goes to bed by 10:30 and I'm trying to stay up until 6 in the morning, I have a lot of time to try and find things with which to waste my time. For example, I started to watch Dexter for the first off but realized in the first five minutes it was probably going to be too gory for me - especially late at night. Then I watched two episodes of this season of America's Next Top Model ... even though I really don't care. I watched minisodes of True Blood and played solitaire on my ipod and kind of took a shower but it was more like standing in hot, running water for fifteen minutes. And now I'm even writing in this blog again!

The only reason I don't write in it every single day is, I think, because I'm a people pleaser (I think?). I don't want to step on anyone's toes or make anyone angry. I just want to be liked ... haha. But it's odd because I don't mind speaking my mind in person (except to certain people who I feel will belittle me for having beliefs which differ from theirs). Unless, of course, I'm just scared of being belittled via the internet. That's probably it more than anything. I know what I believe, and I don't mind talking about it or debating it, I just don't want to be made to feel like an idiot because of it.

Right now I'm thinking of all kind of things I want to say, but I'm too scared to say them. I should never have posted a link to this on facebook, hah.

But being in Troy is nice, though I wish we could have spent more time with my family. I don't actually like Troy, TN. The only redemptive aspects are Clay's family and friends ... but I wish they could've been from ... Atlanta or Nashville or Cincinnati or even Memphis. :) I still tend to love being here, though.

I think there are only 21 more days until I go to Disney World, which is really exciting for me. It's a joy that I hope I never grow out of.

Also, Sonic's happy hour is super satisfying, I still don't comprehend how I got a B in marriage class (clearly my future isn't looking good!), my fingernails are painted green like Shrek, I really want to see Iron Man 2, and only two hours and fifteen minutes until Clay gets off work. I wonder if I'll be able to continue passing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment